With summer coming and the hot flashes that have been reaching Brazil, one of the most sought after solutions to refresh environments is the air conditioning. However, not everyone can afford to buy and install a device at home. Thus, Internet users invent new solutions to have a similar effect while spending less.
See too: Heat wave: 6 tips to avoid 'frying' at home without air conditioning
Bye, heat! This tuna pasta salad is light and refreshing.
Christmas on the cheap: 7 cheap decorating tips for those who want…
One of the cheapest ways to cool off in this heat is home air conditioning: a simple and effective solution that can be done by all Brazilians. The measure uses practical items that most people already have at home. To do this, you will need to gather a fan, two PET bottles, a piece of wire and a lot of ice.
In addition to reducing the temperature in the house, this simple solution ensures that the energy bill do not increase considerably, as when using air conditioning. Thus, the homemade measure guarantees greater thermal comfort and does not cause surprises with the bills at the end of the month.
How to assemble a homemade air conditioner?
To be able to assemble this homemade cooling system, you will need to gather the materials mentioned above and carry out the following steps:
- First step: cut the base of the PET bottles and position them with the opening facing down, with the bottles covered;
- Second step: make small holes in the sides of the bottles to allow cold air to escape;
- Third step: attach the PET bottles to the fan using the wire, positioning the bottles in front of the air outlet;
- Fourth step: fill bottles with ice;
- Fifth step: turn on the fan at the desired speed and place a container under the bottles to collect the water that will fall from the PET bottles. Loosen the bottle caps a little to allow the cold air from the fan to spread throughout the room.